Tiger update to pack iSync improvementsA soon-to-be-released update to Apple Computer\'s Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger operating system will include a significant update to the company\'s synchronization app, tipsters tell AppleInsider.
Over the weekend, the Cupertino, Calif.-based Mac maker continued its rapid seeding of Mac OS X 10.4.7, releasing build 8J2126 for Intel-based Macs.
In this latest build, Apple is reported to have tweaked metadata handling and sound playback. Fixes were also employed for screen and window display issues.
According to tipsters, Mac OS X 10.4.7 also packs a new version of iSync, which includes support for several mobile handsets not supported in the current release (iSync 2.2). One of these phones is said to be Motorola\'s RAZR v3x.
Previous reports have indicated that Mac OS X 10.4.7 will also deliver improvements to Apple\'s iChat, Mail, Calculator and Safari Web browser applications.
It will be the seventh maintenance and security update release for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger since the operating system made its debut in April 2005.
On Topic: General
- Apple's FaceTime subject of renewed VoIP patent infringement lawsuit
- Apple's Campus 2 to use updated Bloom Energy fuel cells first deployed at NC data center
- Apple's iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store suffer unscheduled downtime [ux2]
- Netflix working on offline viewing, could arrive by end of 2016 - report
- AppleInsider podcast shares hands-on impressions of iOS 10, watchOS 3