Tiger update to pack iSync improvementsA soon-to-be-released update to Apple Computer\'s Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger operating system will include a significant update to the company\'s synchronization app, tipsters tell AppleInsider.
Over the weekend, the Cupertino, Calif.-based Mac maker continued its rapid seeding of Mac OS X 10.4.7, releasing build 8J2126 for Intel-based Macs.
In this latest build, Apple is reported to have tweaked metadata handling and sound playback. Fixes were also employed for screen and window display issues.
According to tipsters, Mac OS X 10.4.7 also packs a new version of iSync, which includes support for several mobile handsets not supported in the current release (iSync 2.2). One of these phones is said to be Motorola\'s RAZR v3x.
Previous reports have indicated that Mac OS X 10.4.7 will also deliver improvements to Apple\'s iChat, Mail, Calculator and Safari Web browser applications.
It will be the seventh maintenance and security update release for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger since the operating system made its debut in April 2005.
On Topic: General
- Apple Camp 2015 enrollment begins with moviemaking, e-book creation workshops for kids
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music royalty reversal, iPhone rumors, Confederate controversy & more
- AppleCare+ battery coverage more generous for iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch
- Apple searching for new public policy director to influence government
- Apple CEO Tim Cook celebrates Supreme Court decision on gay marriage with quote from Steve Jobs