Tiger update to pack iSync improvementsA soon-to-be-released update to Apple Computer\'s Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger operating system will include a significant update to the company\'s synchronization app, tipsters tell AppleInsider.
Over the weekend, the Cupertino, Calif.-based Mac maker continued its rapid seeding of Mac OS X 10.4.7, releasing build 8J2126 for Intel-based Macs.
In this latest build, Apple is reported to have tweaked metadata handling and sound playback. Fixes were also employed for screen and window display issues.
According to tipsters, Mac OS X 10.4.7 also packs a new version of iSync, which includes support for several mobile handsets not supported in the current release (iSync 2.2). One of these phones is said to be Motorola\'s RAZR v3x.
Previous reports have indicated that Mac OS X 10.4.7 will also deliver improvements to Apple\'s iChat, Mail, Calculator and Safari Web browser applications.
It will be the seventh maintenance and security update release for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger since the operating system made its debut in April 2005.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumors
- Apple gets green light to add 1,000 jobs at Irish headquarters
- Watchdog group finds Pegatron exploiting workers in lead up to 'iPhone 7' launch
- Apple-1 'Celebration' motherboard auction pulls in $815K
- Apple's Siri & rivals being hampered by poor microphone tech