First builds of Mac OS X 10.4.8 released to developersApple Computer on Monday released to developers the first pre-release builds of Mac OS X 10.4.8, a maintenance and bug fix update for its Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger operating system that is currently under development.
In addition to improving the stability and performance of Tiger, sources say Apple will target specific enhancements towards AFP, DVD Player, iCal, iPhoto, Mail and Safari.
The Cupertino, Calif.-based company also appears to be working on improvements to the operating system's underlying components, including fonts, graphics, modem usage, networking, the Rosetta emulation environment and printing.
Builds of Mac OS X 10.4.8 Update were released for Macs with both Intel (build 8L2108) and PowerPC (build 8L108) processors, sources said.
Mac OS X 10.4.8 is expected to be amongst the final batch of updates to Tiger, as Apple has stated that it will release Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard to consumers during the first half of 2007.
On Topic: General
- Sling TV splits into 'Orange' and 'Blue' tiers, adds NBC, BBC America & other channels
- NYC Apple reseller and community staple Tekserve to close Manhattan store
- Nancy Pelosi expresses disappointment over Tim Cook's GOP fundraiser
- Apple uses platform dominance to 'lock out' competition, says Elizabeth Warren
- Hillary Clinton's tech platform backs Apple positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education