Apple issues minor Remote Desktop, Snow Leopard security updatesRounding out Wednesday's collection of software updates, Apple rolled out new Apple Remote Desktop 3.5.3 (Client), Client and Server Security Update 2012-002 for Snow Leopard and Server Admin Tools 10.7.4.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.5.3 (Client)
Apple's update to its remote desktop management software fixes vague "reliability, usability and compatibility" issues and is included in the OS X 10.7.4 Lion update or as a standalone update for Snow Leopard users.
It was reported last week that Apple seeded a new beta build of Remote Desktop 3.6 to developers that is expected to ship alongside OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion sometime this summer.
The client software download weighs in at 3.8MB and is available for automatic update vie Software Update or through Apple's Support Downloads page.
Snow Leopard Security Updates
Security Update 2012-002 for Snow Leopard and Snow Leopard Server bring minor updates to the last-generation Mac operating system.
Both can be downloaded via Software Update, with the client version coming in at 238.73MB while the server update is 258.11MB.
On Topic: Software
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools