Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 06:46 pm
Apple issues minor Remote Desktop, Snow Leopard security updatesRounding out Wednesday's collection of software updates, Apple rolled out new Apple Remote Desktop 3.5.3 (Client), Client and Server Security Update 2012-002 for Snow Leopard and Server Admin Tools 10.7.4.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.5.3 (Client)
Apple's update to its remote desktop management software fixes vague "reliability, usability and compatibility" issues and is included in the OS X 10.7.4 Lion update or as a standalone update for Snow Leopard users.
It was reported last week that Apple seeded a new beta build of Remote Desktop 3.6 to developers that is expected to ship alongside OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion sometime this summer.
The client software download weighs in at 3.8MB and is available for automatic update vie Software Update or through Apple's Support Downloads page.
Snow Leopard Security Updates
Security Update 2012-002 for Snow Leopard and Snow Leopard Server bring minor updates to the last-generation Mac operating system.
Both can be downloaded via Software Update, with the client version coming in at 238.73MB while the server update is 258.11MB.
On Topic: Software
- Avid announces Pro Tools 11 and Media Composer 7 for Mac & PC
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 after month of testing
- New release candidates for Adobe's Lightroom and Camera Raw bring bug fixes, added camera support
- Apple to lock iOS app screenshots upon submission to halt scammers
- Firefox 18 launches with support for Retina display Macs