Apple launches over-the-ear AirPods Max headphones, MagSafe Duo review, Fitness+ launches December 14, and the FTC files suit against Facebook seeking to break up Instagram and WhatsApp.
After living with the M1 MacBook Pro for several weeks, we've run into issues with audio recording and app compatibility. While battery life and speed is still impressive, here's exactly what issues early adopters will have to work around while developers work to update their apps for Apple Silicon.
Just in time for the holidays, barely, Apple has launched their over-the-ear headphones named AirPods Max. These new high-end AirPods cost $549, and do include features like spatial audio and Dolby Atmos, but there are issues over what they lack. Such as a U1 chip, and the ability to switch them off without returning them to their case.
The AppleInsider review of the MagSafe Duo Charger is out, and we partnered with a testing lab in the metro Washington DC area to test the hinge mechanism. The charger is meant to be your travelling companion, but it's worrying just how few times we had to open and close it before there were problems.
Also about to make it out in time for the holidays is Fitness+, launching December 14. In anticipation, Apple has introduced several exercise products to the Apple Store, too. Users will be able to choose from a variety of workouts and see their heart rate, Activity rings, and more information on-screen as they work out.
Speaking of exercise, Apple CEO Tim Cook made an appearance on the Outside podcast discussing AR, Health, and Apple Park. He shared his routine for relaxation after their quarterly earnings call, and just how many laps of Apple Park you need to do for a good workout.
Lastly, Facebook is facing two antitrust lawsuits from the FTC and 46 states claiming that "millions of consumers and many small businesses that have been harmed by Facebook's illegal behavior." Both lawsuits focus on the acquisition of Instagram and WhatsApp with legislators seeking to break these companies from Facebook's control.
We'd love to interact with you on Twitter. If you have questions or comments on the show, tweet at @stephenrobles and @wgallagher, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts .
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Links from the show
- ecamm Call Recorder isn't compatible with M1 Macs
- Apple debuts $549 AirPods Max over-ear headphones
- Apple releases $35 bi-directional Lightning to 3.5mm Audio Cable
- Apple News and Rumors since 1997
- AirPods Max delivery dates begin slipping, some into 2021
- Apple AirPods Max first look: lots to prove
- AirPods Max Unboxing & Impressions: $550?! - YouTube
- AirPods Max Unboxing and First Impressions! - YouTube
- Review: MagSafe Duo is almost everything you need, but has too many compromises
- Apple Fitness+ workouts arriving on December 14
- Apple adding Fitness+ accessories to Apple Store
- Best workout accessories for Apple Fitness Plus
- Apple, Google to ban location tracking firm that sold data to US military
- WhatsApp says Apple's new privacy nutrition labels are anticompetitive
- FTC, 46 states file antitrust suit against Facebook, seek Instagram & WhatsApp break-up
- Tim Cook talks health, fitness, and the importance of national parks
- Outside Podcast: Tim Cook on Health and Fitness on Apple Podcasts
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]