AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
On this week's AppleInsider Podcast, Apple TV+ original movie 'CODA' wins Best Picture Oscar, "iPhone 14 Pro" rumor roundup plus new renders, "M2" iPad Pro could arrive this Fall, and Apple hardware subscriptions.
Apple TV+ became the first streaming service to win the Academy Award for Best Picture with its film, "CODA." Despite a report from Business Insider claiming some producers are frustrated working with Apple on their original content, Apple TV+ continues to succeed. New TV shows and movies are regularly announced, including a new film starring Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson called "Project Artemis."
We round up the latest rumors of "iPhone 14 Pro" and highlight new original renders from AppleInsider. "iPhone 14 Pro" may sport a new 48MP camera, even more prominent camera bump, and even 8K video recording. Multiple sources agree on the leaked pill and hole cutout that will replace the current iPhone 13 Pro notch.
In other rumors from the week, the iPad Pro line will likely update to the M2 chip this Fall. In addition to the chip update, the new iPad Pro models may include MagSafe charging and a glass back. We discuss the likelihood of these updates and what they mean for compatibility with Apple's Magic Keyboard.
Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty reported that Apple might be working on a hardware subscription service allowing users to own an iPhone with monthly payments. In contrast to Apple's iPhone upgrade program, which has a finite payment period of 24 months, this new subscription service would be a monthly cost in perpetuity.
Apple has informed developers of "reader" apps they can now offer in-app links to external websites so users can create and manage their accounts. Previously, Apple would reject any app that included external website links from the App Store. Now, developers can request access to the "External Link Account Entitlement," providing users a more straightforward method to register for paid accounts.
Contact our hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Apple TV+ frustrates producers as team is 'stretched thin'
- Apple TV+ original film 'CODA' wins Best Picture at the 2022 Oscars
- Apple TV on Captive Wi-Fi - Tweet
- Two-Finger Select - Tweet
- Rumor roundup: What to expect from the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Touch ID won't be under the screen in the iPhone 15 and iPhone 16, Kuo says
- M2-equipped iPad Pro with MagSafe charging expected in the fall
- Apple hardware subscription could shift focus away from iPhone shipments
- Refurbished iPhone Deals - Apple
- Handoff, SideCar and more were building blocks for Universal Control, Apple exec says
- Apple execs on developing Mac Studio and Studio Display - TechCrunch
- Apple TV+ 'Friday Night Baseball' starts with big-time divisional matchups
- 2022 iPad Air review: The iPad truest to Apple's original vision
- Apple now allowing reader apps to link out to membership websites
- Apple working on first-party financial services under codename 'Breakout'
- Studio Display teardown shows iMac-like dual-fan cooling, dense electronics
- HiRise Pro for iMac and Display, adjustable stand + storage
- How Apple's logo started out as the 'most expensive,' and became the most iconic
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.
If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.