AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
Paramount+ is one of multiple video streaming services offering content from several channels. Here's how to watch Paramount+ on a Mac.
Paramount launched CBS All Access in 2014 before rebranding it as Paramount+ in 2021. It's available in various countries, including the US, Australia, Canada, South Korea, Italy, and others.
The service features content from CBS, Showtime, Comedy Central, and more, along with brands like Star Trek, Halo and other original content from Paramount.
How much is Paramount+?
Plans on the service start with Essential for $4.99 per month, which includes ads. It's also available for $49.99 per year.
The Essential plan does not include local CBS stations but offers NFL on CBS and UEFA Champions League on separate live feeds.
Viewers can purchase the Premium plan with no ads for $9.99 per month or the annual option for $99.99 per year. It does include local live CBS stations, but those have commercials. Some shows also include promotional interruptions for upcoming Paraamount+ content.
The company also offers two bundles, one called Essential plan + Showtime, and the other is Premium plan + Showtime.
Essential plan + Showtime costs $11.99 per month or $119.99 per year. Similar to the Essential individual plan, it does not include local CBS stations but offers NFL on CBS and UEFA Champions League on separate live feeds.
Premium + Showtime is $14.99 per month or $149 per year. This bundle does include local CBS stations.
How to watch Paramount+ on Mac
The first way Mac users can watch Paramount+ is through a browser.
How to use a browser to watch Paramount+ on Mac
- Go to the Paramount+ website and click the TRY IT FREE button. It may also be called REDEEM NOW.
- Choose a subscription plan and click Continue. You'll be asked to create an account.
- Enter your full name, email address, and password, then click Continue.
- The website will ask for payment information on the next screen. After that, click Start Paramount+.
Paramount+ won't charge customers until the free trial expires. The first seven days are free.
How to watch Paramount+ with Apple TV Channels on Mac
Apple includes Paramount+ in Apple's TV app.
- Open the TV app.
- Search for and select the Paramount+ channel.
- Tap the "Try it Free" or "Subscribe" button. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Confirm billing information.