Thursday, November 08, 2012, 03:15 pm PT (06:15 pm ET)
Adobe adds Retina display support to Photoshop Lightroom 4Adobe's newly updated Photoshop Lightroom 4.3 adds support for HiDPI displays, such as Apple's redesigned 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pros.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3 is not yet finalized, but has been made available as a release candidate through Adobe Labs. The professional photography software is available as a 410-megabyte ZIP file for OS X.
The distinction of "release candidate" indicates the software has been well tested, but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of Adobe's customers. That means an official, final release of Lightroom 4.3 to all customers is likely coming soon.
In addition to support for Apple's MacBook Pro Retina displays, the new Lightroom 4.3 also includes fixes for the following bugs
- Unable to upload a large panorama to Adobe Revel via the Revel Publish Plugin
- Unable to add a second photo to a page layout in a Book. This only occurred when the Show Unused Photos filter is selected in the filmstrip.
- A photo can be flagged as both a Pick and Reject at the same time when using the Toolbar to apply flags
- Using multiple fonts within the same text cell inside a Book can sometimes cause Lightroom to crash
- Exposure becomes the active adjustment slider in the Basic panel (within Develop) when moving from image to image
- Customers using Photoshop Elements 11 were unable to upgrade their catalogs in Lightroom 4
- Custom Cell padding options in the Book Module reset in between Lightroom sessions
- 1080p video files shot on iPhone 4S flicker on replay
- Leaving the Book Module after using multiple text colors in the same text cell can sometimes cause the book to be lost.
The latest Photoshop Lightroom 4 also expands camera support to include the following:
- Canon PowerShot S110
- Canon PowerShot G15
- Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000
- Casio Exilim EX-FC300S
- Nikon D600 (expanded to full support)
- Olympus PEN E-PL5
- Olympus PEN E-PM2
- Olympus STYLUS XZ-2 iHS
- Panasonic DMC-GH3
- Pentax K-5 II
- Pentax K-5 IIs
- Pentax Q10
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 was officially released earlier this year for OS X and PC. It's available for purchase for $149 for new customers, or $79 for those upgrading from a previous version.
On Topic: Software
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3
- New Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw release candidates fix bugs, add camera support
- Review: 1Password 4 for Mac makes managing all your passwords easy and secure