Apple Watch Sport, Beats Solo2 get special treatment for Chinese New YearApple on Monday announced that consumers in mainland China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Singapore will be able to get their hands on special limited editions of the Apple Watch Sport and updated Beats Solo2 headphones designed to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Gold and silver Sport models have been paired with PRODUCT(RED) bands for the promotion. There is no additional cost for the special combination, and they are available in both 38- and 42-millimeter sizes.
The new Watches are available to purchase immediately — with shipping times currently listed at six to eight days — and will be stocked until Feb. 22. Chinese New Year falls on Feb. 8, but is traditionally celebrated for several days after and is considered a major shopping holiday akin to Christmas.
Apple has paid homage to Chinese New Year for the past several years with special sales, though the company has only now begun to offer customized products.
In addition to the new Watch variants, Apple's Beats subsidiary has created a special version of the Solo2 to celebrate the Year of the Monkey. The new model was designed by artist James Jean and features a white, silver, and gold color scheme along with a customized carrying case.
On Topic: China
- Apple to open fifth Hong Kong store on June 30 as Chinese expansion continues
- Chinese firm that had iPhone 6 sales suspended in Beijing 'barely exists,' investigation finds
- New rules may put up barriers to games on Apple's App Store in China
- Chinese bureau finds Apple copying smartphone patents with iPhone 6 design
- Apple to open first Macau Apple Store on June 25