Apple posts Mac OS X 10.4.1 Server updateOn the heels of Mac OS X 10.4.1 Client comes the release of Mac OS X Server 10.4.1. According to Apple, the update delivers security fixes as well as improvements for file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file service; software Update Server notifications and synchronization of package downloads; displaying published Weblog Server content after a reboot; binding to LDAP and Active Directory during system startup; remote management using the Server Admin application; creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility and System Image Utility; and compatibility with third party applications and devices. More specific details are available in an Apple Knowledge Base article.
On Topic: General
- Ex-Siri team to unveil 'Viv' virtual assistant next week in quest for ubiquitous AI
- Apple, others urge presidential candidates to support Trans-Pacific Partnership, address government snooping
- YouTube said to be planning 'Unplugged' live TV as soon as 2017
- Hulu confirms plans to launch live TV streaming in 2017
- Apple's iPhone is most influential gadget ever, says TIME