Thursday, May 19, 2005, 10:30 pm
Apple posts Mac OS X 10.4.1 Server updateOn the heels of Mac OS X 10.4.1 Client comes the release of Mac OS X Server 10.4.1. According to Apple, the update delivers security fixes as well as improvements for file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file service; software Update Server notifications and synchronization of package downloads; displaying published Weblog Server content after a reboot; binding to LDAP and Active Directory during system startup; remote management using the Server Admin application; creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility and System Image Utility; and compatibility with third party applications and devices. More specific details are available in an Apple Knowledge Base article.
On Topic: General
- In-cell touch panel tech projected to remain a unique differentiator for Apple devices
- Apple patent chief departs amid major ongoing IP lawsuits
- Steve Jobs discusses his legacy in rare 1994 video interview
- Solar charging stations with Apple Lightning & 30-pin connectors come to New York
- Briefly: Jony Ive's title at Apple shortened to 'SVP of Design'