Thursday, May 19, 2005, 07:30 pm PT (10:30 pm ET)
Apple posts Mac OS X 10.4.1 Server updateOn the heels of Mac OS X 10.4.1 Client comes the release of Mac OS X Server 10.4.1. According to Apple, the update delivers security fixes as well as improvements for file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file service; software Update Server notifications and synchronization of package downloads; displaying published Weblog Server content after a reboot; binding to LDAP and Active Directory during system startup; remote management using the Server Admin application; creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility and System Image Utility; and compatibility with third party applications and devices. More specific details are available in an Apple Knowledge Base article.
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple