Apple COO Tim Cook joins Nike BoardNike today announced that it has appointed Apple chief operating office Tim Cook to the company\'s board of directors.
Cook is the board\'s 11th director, nine of which are independent, Nike said in a statement. He is also expected to serve on the compensation committee of the board.
\"Tim\'s diverse professional background spans from global manufacturing to general management,\" said Philip H. Knight, Nike founder and chairman. \"His global technology knowledge combined with his experience at one of the world\'s most recognized brands will make Tim a great asset to our board. We look forward to his contributions to Nike.\"
At Apple, Cook is responsible for all of the company\'s worldwide sales and operations, including end-to-end management of the company\'s supply chain, sales activities, and service and support in all markets and countries. He also heads Apple\'s Macintosh division, where he reports to Apple chief executive Steve Jobs and plays a key role in the continued development of strategic reseller and supplier relationships.
Before joining Apple in 1998 as senior vice president of worldwide operations, Cook was vice president of corporate materials at Compaq and was responsible for procuring and managing Compaq\'s product inventory.
Cook earned an M.B.A. from Duke University, where he was a Fuqua Scholar, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Auburn University.
On Topic: General
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts
- Sonos brings PLAY:1 & PLAY:5 speakers to Apple's online & retail stores
- Photos show Apple's newly relocated & revamped Brea Mall store [u]
- This week on AI: iPhone 7 & Apple Watch Series 2 review, McLaren buyout rumors, macOS Sierra launch & more