Apple posts "Spotlight on Notebooks" event streamOn cue, Apple has posted a streaming version of its MacBook-oriented special event for those unable to attend themselves.
The QuickTime feed recaps the roughly hour-long presentation, which was held at Apple's Town Hall at its Cupertino, California headquarters.
At the event, Apple introduced total redesigns of the 13-inch MacBook and 15-inch MacBook Pro that use a new, one-piece construction technique to make the notebooks stronger. They also add glass-surfaced, multi-touch trackpads and a new NVIDIA-based platform that delivers both much faster integrated graphics as well as a more efficient design.
Also introduced is a new LED-lit Cinema Display that marks the first major revision to Apple's LCDs since 2004 and uses the new DisplayPort industry standard to bring not just video but also an iSight webcam and stereo speakers to a stand-alone display.
Lastly, the gathering saw Apple revise the MacBook Air to feature the same NVIDIA architecture and issue a minor revision for the 17-inch MacBook Pro.
Readers are also invited to investigate other stories from Apple's important day:
Bottom of MacBook Pro revealed; more last minute specs, pricing
Microsoft already on defense, cites "Apple Tax" in new emails
Apple unveils new 13" MacBook
Apple debuts new 15" MacBook Pro
Apple unveils 24-inch LED Cinema Display
Apple details new MacBook manufacturing process
Apple snags nearly 10% of US PC market in third quarter
On Topic: MacBook
- New USB-C-to-HDMI spec will enable adapter-free display hookups for MacBooks
- Low-end Intel Kaby Lake processors detailed, MacBook Pro version absent
- ITC investigates Apple & AT&T over haptic patent complaints by Immersion
- Samsung unveils 512GB postage stamp-size NVMe SSD, could see use in MacBook
- Winners of the WaterField Designs MacBook bag giveaway announced [Carl J. and Tyler D.]