Parts claim to show 'iPad mini' Wi-Fi, GPS & Bluetooth antennasWith just a few hours to go before the anticipated unveiling of the "iPad mini," yet another series of components have leaked, this time purporting to show the Wi-Fi-, Bluetooth and GPS antennas.
Purported iPad mini Bluetooth antenna.
Apple's media event will kick off at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern, and will be streamed live to the Apple TV set-top box. AppleInsider will have full, live coverage of the event.
Pictures of the parts were published on Tuesday by Nowhereelse.fr. The parts are shown as Apple's online store has expectedly gone down ahead of the iPad mini media presentation.
Purported iPad mini GPS antenna.
The new, smaller iPad is expected to be available in both Wi-Fi-only and cellular data capable models, much like the full-size 9.7-inch iPad. GPS connectivity is only available built-in to iPad models with cellular data.
Apple's latest products also support Bluetooth 4.0, which is also likely to appear on the iPad mini. Bluetooth 4.0 devices are characterized as "Bluetooth Smart Ready," as they can connect to both traditional Bluetooth devices as well as "smart" devices such as heart-rate monitors or pedometers.
Purported iPad mini Wi-Fi antenna.
Apple's special event kicks off Tuesday at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern at the California Theatre in San Jose. AppleInsider will have full, live coverage.
On Topic: iPad
- UK Parliament approves $1.5M plan to supply members with new iPad Air 2s, laptops
- Facebook begins rolling out nostalgic 'On This Day' feature to Web, mobile app
- Amazon Music for iOS gets ad-free Prime Stations, Instagram launches Layout for iPhone
- Inside Greater China: An exclusive look at Apple in Shenzhen
- China Unicom, China Telecom to start selling 4G models of iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 on March 27