Friday, December 21, 2012, 05:39 am PT (08:39 am ET)
AT&T rolls out 4G LTE network in 15 new US marketsAT&T this week announced that its high-speed 4G LTE network compatible with Apple's latest iPhone 5, iPad and iPad mini has launched in 15 new markets, and also expanded coverage in a handful of other locations.
A total of 10 new locations with 4G LTE reception were announced by AT&T on Friday. They are:
- Boise, Idaho
- Boulder, Colo.
- Bowling Green, Ky.
- Harrisburg, Pa.
- Hartford, Conn.
- Lancaster, Pa.
- Lexington, Ken.
- New Haven, Conn.
- Ogden, Utah
- Providence, R.I.
Those 10 are joined by five other markets that AT&T announced have LTE connectivity on Tuesday of this week:
- Green Bay, Wis.
- Melbourne, Fla.
- Oxford, Miss.
- Springfield, Mass.
- Tucson, Ariz.
Finally, AT&T also announced this week that its existing 4G LTE network has expanded in a handful of markets. They are:
- Middlesex County, N.J.
- Phoenix, Ariz.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Los Angeles, Calif.
The latest expansions are the most significant update to AT&T's network since mid-November, when the company's 4G LTE coverage was extended to 24 new markets, including Denver, Colo., and Columbus, Ohio.
In all, AT&T's 4G LTE network has been launched in 124 markets. The company plans to reach 250 million people by the end of 2013, and 300 million by the end of 2014.
On Topic: iPhone
- Photos purport to show 2915 mAh battery for 5.5" 'iPhone 6,' twice the capacity of Apple's iPhone 5s
- Rear shell for 5.5" 'iPhone 6' allegedly shown, measured in new video
- Apple 'not likely' to ship redesigned power adapter, Lightning cable with 'iPhone 6'
- Apple's secret iPhone 6 digital payment system said to also include Visa & MasterCard
- Apple reportedly inks deal with American Express for 'iPhone 6' payment system