Friday, December 21, 2012, 05:39 am PT (08:39 am ET)
AT&T rolls out 4G LTE network in 15 new US marketsAT&T this week announced that its high-speed 4G LTE network compatible with Apple's latest iPhone 5, iPad and iPad mini has launched in 15 new markets, and also expanded coverage in a handful of other locations.
A total of 10 new locations with 4G LTE reception were announced by AT&T on Friday. They are:
- Boise, Idaho
- Boulder, Colo.
- Bowling Green, Ky.
- Harrisburg, Pa.
- Hartford, Conn.
- Lancaster, Pa.
- Lexington, Ken.
- New Haven, Conn.
- Ogden, Utah
- Providence, R.I.
Those 10 are joined by five other markets that AT&T announced have LTE connectivity on Tuesday of this week:
- Green Bay, Wis.
- Melbourne, Fla.
- Oxford, Miss.
- Springfield, Mass.
- Tucson, Ariz.
Finally, AT&T also announced this week that its existing 4G LTE network has expanded in a handful of markets. They are:
- Middlesex County, N.J.
- Phoenix, Ariz.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Los Angeles, Calif.
The latest expansions are the most significant update to AT&T's network since mid-November, when the company's 4G LTE coverage was extended to 24 new markets, including Denver, Colo., and Columbus, Ohio.
In all, AT&T's 4G LTE network has been launched in 124 markets. The company plans to reach 250 million people by the end of 2013, and 300 million by the end of 2014.
On Topic: iPhone
- Former head of Google patent strategy appointed to run U.S. patent agency
- China Mobile Beijing webpage hints at imminent iPhone preorders
- Walmart to cut $72 off iPhone 5c and 5s pricing in holiday sale
- Apple iPhone 5s, 5c drive sales leap from 6th to 3rd place in China during October
- AT&T CEO says smartphone subsidies must end as T-Mobile sweetens iPhone deal