Monday, February 25, 2013, 07:14 am PT (10:14 am ET)
Mophie's juice pack air lets users squeeze eight more hours out of an iPhone 5iDevice accessory maker mophie's new juice pack air battery case for the iPhone 5 is now available for order, allowing iPhone 5 users to pump extra life into their devices' batteries.
The juice pack air packs a 1700mAh battery into an iPhone 5 case that integrates all of the device's major openings and controls. The 2.68oz case adds up to eight hours of talk time or Internet use on 3G or LTE, and up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi. For audio playback, the juice pack air adds up to 40 hours of run time, while video playback gets a 10 hour boost.
The device is mophie's second battery case for the iPhone 5, as mophie introduced the juice pack helium earlier in February.
The new battery case is rechargeable for more than 500 full cycles. A full cycle is when the case is charged from 0 percent to 100 percent. After 500 cycles, charge capacity for the juice pack air may drop to less than 75 percent.
The battery pack is also designed to direct sound from the bottom of the phone to the front. It has a port at the bottom for the headphone jack, and its microUSB charging port will, when connected to a power source, charge both the iPhone 5 and the juice pack air.
Mophie's juice pack air is available for order from the company's site. It costs $100 and is currently available in black. Mophie will also be rolling out red and white versions of the juice pack air, with those color models slated to ship on March 22.
On Topic: iPhone
- Hilton to roll out digital check-ins, smartphone room keys in new tech push
- Purported 5.5-in. iPhone logic board surfaces alongside 'iPhone 6' part in new photos
- Alleged 'iPhone 6' logic board claimed to include 802.11ac Wi-Fi, NFC chip
- Cellular device unlocking bill passed by US House, President Obama says will sign into law
- Rumor: Production for new iPad mini, iPad Air, & 5.5" 'iPhone 6' pushed to Sept.