Thursday, August 08, 2013, 05:18 am PT (08:18 am ET)
Apple launches iTunes in the Cloud movies in Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, moreApple on Thursday debuted its iTunes in the Cloud feature for re-downloading purchased movies in a number of countries across the globe, including Japan and 7 European nations.
The full list of countries added are Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Slovenia. iTunes in the Cloud capabilities for music debuted in Japan in February of 2012.
The service first debuted in the U.S. in late 2011. Apple has been gradually expanding worldwide availability as it secures the necessary contracts for re-downloading of content.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Inc's new Swift language a "huge leap forward for iOS ecosystem," offers "enormous opportunity" with IBM in enterprise
- iTunes Software and Services fastest growing Apple business segment this year
- Apple releases iTunes 12 beta with 'elegant new design,' Family Sharing
- Apple's 2014 iTunes Festival in London to feature Maroon 5, Beck, Blondie, more
- Apple responds to EC complaints by touting iTunes' app controls as 'leading the industry,' cites iOS 8 "Ask To Buy" feature