Friday, March 28, 2014, 10:28 am PT (01:28 pm ET)
Apple issues fourth OS X 10.9.3 beta to developers, continues focus on multimediaOne week after the last beta, Apple has returned with another pre-release version of OS X 10.9.3 for testing by employees and registered Mac developers with a focus on graphics drivers, audio, Safari, USB data synchronization, and Mail.
People involved in the beta testing process told AppleInsider that the latest version bears build number 13D28. The company did not release a coinciding beta update to the Xcode suite or the operating system's server variant.
Apple does not report any known issues with the newest build, but focus areas remain the same as they have in previous editions. This represents the fourth OS X 10.9.3 beta since the process began.
Previous betas have added support for pixel-doubled "Retina" mode with 4K monitors and contact and calendar synchronization through iTunes.
Registered Mac developers can download the OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 build 13D28 from the Mac Dev Center.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple releases Safari 7.1 and 6.2, OS X Server 3.2 betas to developers
- Apple updates pro-level video suite with fixes for Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion
- Mailbox for Mac hits public beta, adds synced drafts and 'snooze to desktop' feature