Adobe's Photoshop Mix for iPad gets extensibility, panoramic file support, more in updateAdobe on Thursday issued the first update to its Creative Cloud-connected Photoshop Mix app for iPad, bringing hooks into Photoshop Express and Dropbox, as well as a few UI tweaks to the on-the-go image editing tool.
Photoshop Mix version 1.1 builds on Adobe's June release with a few key features that tie the app more closely with mature Creative Suite offerings like Photoshop Express.
Introduced as part of the update is Image Swap, which lets users quickly rearrange layers in a project by dragging-and-dropping thumbnails of a selected image. Round-trip editing is now available with Photoshop Express, meaning users can create quick compositions using edited photos all within the Creative Cloud ecosystem.
Users can also save full resolution JPEG and PNG files — with masking data attached — locally on an iPad's Camera Roll, while Dropbox compatibility allows import of images saved in the cloud.
Finally, UI tweaks like three-level "undo" and "redo" options have been added to the latest app version.
Photoshop Mix is available as a free 97.6MB download from the iOS App Store. The app requires Adobe's latest Lightroom 5.5 for Mac and one of the following Creative Cloud Subscriptions:
Creative Cloud Photography Plan for $9.99 per month
Creative Cloud Complete plan for $49.99 per month
Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition for $19.99 per month
Creative Cloud for teams complete plan for
On Topic: Adobe
- Adobe discontinues Photoshop Touch, offers video glimpse of future replacement tech [u]
- First look: Adobe Lightroom CC with HDR and panoramic photo merging, facial recognition, more
- Contentious 'After School' returns to App Store, '1Password for Mac' gets time-based two-step verification
- Adobe debuts Comp CC for iPad, Facebook Messenger gets third-party hooks, Google Drive enables automatic backups
- Adobe reveals Document Cloud, Acrobat DC with e-signing, photo PDF conversion, more