Adobe's Photoshop Mix for iPad gets extensibility, panoramic file support, more in updateAdobe on Thursday issued the first update to its Creative Cloud-connected Photoshop Mix app for iPad, bringing hooks into Photoshop Express and Dropbox, as well as a few UI tweaks to the on-the-go image editing tool.
Photoshop Mix version 1.1 builds on Adobe's June release with a few key features that tie the app more closely with mature Creative Suite offerings like Photoshop Express.
Introduced as part of the update is Image Swap, which lets users quickly rearrange layers in a project by dragging-and-dropping thumbnails of a selected image. Round-trip editing is now available with Photoshop Express, meaning users can create quick compositions using edited photos all within the Creative Cloud ecosystem.
Users can also save full resolution JPEG and PNG files — with masking data attached — locally on an iPad's Camera Roll, while Dropbox compatibility allows import of images saved in the cloud.
Finally, UI tweaks like three-level "undo" and "redo" options have been added to the latest app version.
Photoshop Mix is available as a free 97.6MB download from the iOS App Store. The app requires Adobe's latest Lightroom 5.5 for Mac and one of the following Creative Cloud Subscriptions:
Creative Cloud Photography Plan for $9.99 per month
Creative Cloud Complete plan for $49.99 per month
Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition for $19.99 per month
Creative Cloud for teams complete plan for
On Topic: Adobe
- Mozilla adds every version of Flash to default Firefox blocklist
- It's time to uninstall Adobe's Flash from your Mac - here's how
- Flash Player update closes vulnerability identified by Hacking Team
- Adobe addresses new 'actively exploited' critical vulnerability in Flash, users urged to update
- Adobe announces next generation Creative Cloud 2015 with Adobe Stock images platform