Do you obsess over Apple news and rumors? Do you roll out of bed and hit your favorite Apple news sites before concerning yourself with the broader aspects of life? Do you like teaching people how to use that iPhone or iPad? We may have the perfect opportunity for you.
AppleInsider — the definitive stop for insider Apple news, rumors, analysis, and reviews — seeks passionate, energetic, and self-motivated writers with unique skill-sets that can enrich our audience of millions.
As the next generation of Apple users immerse themselves in the company's ecosystem, you must earn their trust as their go-to expert. From coverage of breaking news to in-depth product reviews and comparisons, you'll be tasked with educating an interested public about anything and everything Apple.
Applicants must have:
- Technical aptitude with Apple products.
- Prior experience in online writing or journalism.
- A feel for the pulse of social media, especially as it pertains to Apple.
- A concrete understanding of Apple's fundamentals, objectives, and challenges.
- The ability to produce accurate, exciting content under constant deadlines, week-in and week-out.
- A basic understanding of SEO and how to enrich stories and headlines with SEO best practices.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Basic HTML skills.
- A drive and desire to be the absolute best at what you do.
- Research and creation of content that includes, but is not limited to: breaking news, coverage of current events & news trends as they pertain to Apple, coverage of Apple and third-party software & hardware releases, detailed product reviews, and Apple tech tips.
- Being a good team player.
- Maintaining and growing your own arsenal of Apple products, which are your primary devices for content creation and daily use.
- Maintaining and growing your own social media channels, in addition to those featured on AppleInsider.
While not necessary to apply, these additional qualifications would be a bonus:
- Expertise in Mac gaming.
- Experience producing or appearing on a podcast
- Mac or iOS Development experience.
- Expertise in Crypto, AI, VR, or EVs.
- Experience in financial reporting.
- Video production skills.
- Close proximity to Silicon Valley.
Working at AppleInsider provides a major platform for a writer to establish a voice and distinct personality while connecting with a tech-savvy worldwide audience of millions. These are challenging and rewarding mid-level positions that demand skill and expediency, in addition to the ability to collaborate, communicate with, and help manage others in a fast-paced environment.
These are 100% work from home positions, offering you the continuing convenience of no commute. Applications from adults everywhere will be considered.
To apply, please send us an email to [email protected] with your resume, links to any recent writing samples, and a brief message about why you believe you're best fit to become one of AppleInsider's next editors.