Saturday, April 16, 2005, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
Apple releases Mac OS X 10.3.9Apple on Friday evening released Mac OS X 10.3.9, likely the final update to its Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system. According to Apple, the 10.3.9 Update, recommended for all users, delivers overall improved compatibility and reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther", including improvements to file sharing and directory services reliability for mixed Mac and PC networks; Mail, Safari and Stickies application reliability; compatibility for third-party applications and devices; and previous standalone security updates. It is available via the Software Update Control Panel.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon