Saturday, April 16, 2005, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
Apple releases Mac OS X 10.3.9Apple on Friday evening released Mac OS X 10.3.9, likely the final update to its Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system. According to Apple, the 10.3.9 Update, recommended for all users, delivers overall improved compatibility and reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther", including improvements to file sharing and directory services reliability for mixed Mac and PC networks; Mail, Safari and Stickies application reliability; compatibility for third-party applications and devices; and previous standalone security updates. It is available via the Software Update Control Panel.
On Topic: General
- Apple reaches settlement in Silicon Valley anti-poaching lawsuit [ux2]
- Google exec & social networking chief Vic Gundotra leaves company
- Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charity
- Future Apple devices may boast environmental sensor suite with built-in thermometer
- Apple's display tech lets users interact with 3D objects in mid-air