App Store daily download rates now double December volumesApple announced Friday that App Store customers have downloaded more than 500 million applications to date, indirectly revealing that per-day downloads have more than doubled since early December.
When AppleInsider last visited the numbers early last month, Apple claimed over 300 million downloads.
Today's announcement means that in the 42 days since December 5th, another 200 million have been downloaded for an average rate of 4.76 million per day. That's more than twice the daily run-rate of 2.2 million apps per day witnessed last month.
Additionally, a banner on Apple's website reveals more than 15,000 apps have found their way to the App Store's digital shelves since July.
On Topic: iPhone
- Google to discontinue YouTube support on older iOS devices, Apple TVs
- American broadcasters turn up the volume on misguided campaign to enable FM tuners in smartphones
- Manhattan district attorney grabs attention saying iPhone will become 'device of choice' for terrorists
- Roommates stab each other with beer bottles in iPhone vs. Android dispute
- Chrome for iOS adds Today widget, Halo comes to iPhone and iPad for first time