Rumor: Apple to introduce next-gen iPhone, iPad in mid-2013A new report from DigiTimes claims that Apple's supply chain expects the company to introduce its next-generation iPhone and iPad "around the middle of 2013."
However, the information is not the focal point of Monday's story. Instead, it is focused on the fact that Apple's suppliers are expected to have strong results in the first quarter of 2013 as Apple sees strong orders for its products.
DigiTimes has a hit-or-miss track record with respect to Apple rumors. Given that Monday's report didn't have enough confidence to focus on the rumored release date, we have placed it on the AppleInsider backpage in the interest of discussion.
A mid-2013 release for the next iPhone and iPad would mean an unexpectedly short product cycle for the iPhone 5 and latest iPad lineup. One report from earlier this month did claim that Apple is expected to begin trial production of a so-called "iPhone 5S" in December.
On Topic: iPhone
- New leaks show bigger lens opening on 'iPhone 7,' dual-lens camera on '7 Plus'
- Honda launches 2017 Accord with Apple CarPlay option
- YouTube rolls out Periscope-style live streaming support on mobile
- Sketchy 'iPhone 7' pricing rumor points to 'Pro' models, 32 & 256GB capacities
- T-Mobile thanks customers with hour of in-flight Gogo access, free European roaming