Thursday, November 29, 2012, 04:17 pm PT (07:17 pm ET)
Apple exec Bob Mansfield sells off $20.4M worth of company stockA filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission revealed that Apple's Senior Vice President of Technologies Bob Mansfield sold 35,000 shares of AAPL stock valued at just under $20.38 million on Wednesday.
Apple SVP of Technologies Bob Mansfield.
According to the SEC filing, first spotted by The Next Web, the longtime Apple executive still has 29,548 shares left, with another 150,000 in options coming in June 2013 and March 2016 as long as he continues working for the company. Mansfield sold off the chunk on Wednesday at a price of $582.21.
The former SVP of Hardware Engineering retired in June, only to return to Apple one month later as a special advisor to CEO Tim Cook. Mansfield is allegedly receiving $2 million per month to stay on and was later given the title of SVP of Technologies after iOS chief Scott Forstall was ousted from the company.
As chief of the new Technologies division, Mansfield is in charge of Apples wireless teams, which are now covered under one umbrella group, as well as the company's semiconductor teams.
On Topic: General
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers