Photos from Apple's latest retail openings in US, Australia & ChinaThis was a big weekend for Apple's retail operations, as the company opened four entirely new stores, along with a handful of larger and improved replacement locations.
Apple's store in Rockaway, N.J., moved to a new and improved location this Saturday, and AppleInsider reader Ryan was onhand for the grand opening festivities. The new full-size location replaces the previous mini Apple Store that the company had in Rockaway.
The 6,000 square-foot space features Apple's new dual Genius Bar design, which allows the company to accommodate more customers seeking service.
Also in America, Apple opened a replacement store in Santa Monica, Calif., at the Third Street Promenade. The new location is based on the design of Apple's Upper West Side store in New York City.
Santa Monica Apple Store. | Source: AppleInsider reader Scott
Elsewhere around the world, this weekend was the debut of Apple's new store in the Westfield Fountain Gate shopping center in Fountain Gate, Australia. AppleInsider reader Luke was in line for the grand opening.
This weekend also saw the opening of Apple's brand new retail store in Hong Kong's Hysan Place. The location in Causeway Bay features an all-glass 30-foot front facade that AppleInsider reader Joseph captured in this panoramic shot.
Finally, Apple's retail operations also expanded to new stores in Chengdu, China, and Malmo, Sweden. The company also held a grand reopening for its Garden State Plaza store in New Jersey last weekend.
Apple opened a total of 33 new brick-and-mortar stores during is fiscal year 2012, with 28 of them located outside of the U.S. The total number of worldwide Apple Stores at the time was 390.
On Topic: General
- Shuttle drivers at Apple, other Silicon Valley tech companies vote for Teamsters representation
- Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terrorism
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event steals thunder from rivals at Mobile World Congress
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute