Al Gore buys 59K shares of AAPL stock valued at over $29.6MIt was revealed in an U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing on Thursday that Apple board member Al Gore purchased 59,000 shares of AAPL stock worth over $29.6 million based on the stock's closing price today.
The SEC filing notes that Gore exercised the director stock option on Tuesday to acquire 59,000 shares at a price of $7.475 per share, meaning the purchase cost him roughly $441,000, reports The Next Web.
With AAPL closing Thursday $502.68 per share, Gore's 59,000 shares are currently worth some $29,658,120. According to the filing, Gore still has 61,574 non-derivative shares left after the transaction.
Gore was appointed to Apple's board in 2003.
On Topic: General
- Apple's angled camera concept could enable virtual keyboard docks
- Microsoft exec jabs at Apple, tweets drawing of 'converged' toaster and refrigerator
- Apple buys machine learning firm Perceptio, suggests development of imaging AI
- Week in review video: Remembering Steve Jobs, build cost of iPhone 6s, 'iRing' & more
- Four years after the death of Steve Jobs, Michael Fassbender talks about portraying an icon