Thursday, January 17, 2013, 04:52 pm PT (07:52 pm ET)
Al Gore buys 59K shares of AAPL stock valued at over $29.6MIt was revealed in an U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing on Thursday that Apple board member Al Gore purchased 59,000 shares of AAPL stock worth over $29.6 million based on the stock's closing price today.
The SEC filing notes that Gore exercised the director stock option on Tuesday to acquire 59,000 shares at a price of $7.475 per share, meaning the purchase cost him roughly $441,000, reports The Next Web.
With AAPL closing Thursday $502.68 per share, Gore's 59,000 shares are currently worth some $29,658,120. According to the filing, Gore still has 61,574 non-derivative shares left after the transaction.
Gore was appointed to Apple's board in 2003.
On Topic: General
- 'Historical implications' made Apple Watch more difficult to design than original iPhone, Jony Ive says
- Former head of Android Andy Rubin leaves Google to start tech hardware incubator
- Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak alongside Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay
- 'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality