Apple seeds eighth OS X 10.8.3 beta build with no known issuesApple on Thursday issued the eighth beta of OS X 10.8.3, the forthcoming maintenance update for Mountain Lion, with minor changes made to Wi-Fi assets
The latest pre-release build, designated as "12D58," was seeded to developers just over a week after Apple sent out the previous beta of OS X Mountain Lion. Any changes that may have been made to the software from its previous release are unknown.
As with earlier releases, the latest 12D58 build asks developers to focus their energies toward testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Since December, developers have been able to receive update notifications through Software Update and download beta builds directly from the Mac App Store by using the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility."
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Inside APFS: new Apple File System detailed at WWDC to replace HFS+ in 2017
- Apple releases Safari 10 beta for OS X El Capitan and OS X Yosemite
- E3 2016: 'Block'hood' represents the Mac at console-dominated gaming show
- Inside Sierra: How Apple Watch 'Auto Unlock' will let you jump straight into macOS
- 'Universal Clipboard' for macOS Sierra & iOS 10 streamlines copy/paste between devices