Thursday, January 24, 2013, 07:02 pm PT (10:02 pm ET)
Apple seeds eighth OS X 10.8.3 beta build with no known issuesApple on Thursday issued the eighth beta of OS X 10.8.3, the forthcoming maintenance update for Mountain Lion, with minor changes made to Wi-Fi assets
The latest pre-release build, designated as "12D58," was seeded to developers just over a week after Apple sent out the previous beta of OS X Mountain Lion. Any changes that may have been made to the software from its previous release are unknown.
As with earlier releases, the latest 12D58 build asks developers to focus their energies toward testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Since December, developers have been able to receive update notifications through Software Update and download beta builds directly from the Mac App Store by using the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility."
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple provides golden master candidate of OS X Yosemite to developers
- Apple releases bash patch to plug 'Shellshock' security flaw in OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion
- Apple says most customers not vulnerable to 'shellshock,' patch coming for advanced users
- Apple announces 'AirDrop Test Fest' to flush out issues ahead of OS X 10.10 Yosemite release
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools