Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 02:30 pm PT (05:30 pm ET)
LinkedIn CEO gives Apple iPad minis to 3,500 employeesJeff Weiner, chief executive at professional networking site LinkedIn, handed out an iPad mini to each of his 3,500 employees on Wednesday in recognition of their contributions to the company.
LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner addresses employees next to stacks of iPad minis. | Source: TechCrunch
Instead of going with the cheapest $329 16GB model, LinkedIn chose to step up to the $429 32GB version, costing the company some $1.5 million, reports Business Insider.
"We wanted to acknowledge the hard work and accomplishments of all of our employees in 2012," a LinkedIn representative said in a prepared statement. "During todays biweekly All Hands meeting, we surprised our employees with iPad Minis as a small gesture of the companys gratitude for their contributions."
In its most recent quarter, LinkedIn raked in revenues of $303.6 million to represent 81 percent growth year-over-year, beating Wall Street expectations by $25 million.
On Topic: iPad
- Apple, Inc. and the pursuit of affordable luxury electronics
- How Apple dodged the Heartbleed bullet
- New photos purport to show Apple's next-gen iPad Air with bonded display
- Apple begins selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display starting at $419 [u]
- Apple vs. Samsung docs reveal Galaxy Tab was a flop and Samsung knew it