Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 08:07 am PT (11:07 am ET)
Apple TV, Smart Covers, AirPorts & other Apple accessories come to StaplesStaples on Tuesday updated its website to advertise that accessories for Apple products including the Magic Mouse, Time Capsule and EarPods are now available for purchase through the retailer.
An executive with the company first announced earlier this month that the office supply retail chain would begin carrying Apple products. While Staples does not carry any of Apple's primary products, such as iPhones, iPads or Macs, it does offer Apple's most popular first-party accessories.
The products now available at the Staples website are divided into four categories: accessories for iPads, iPhones, Macs and iPods. Also included is the Apple TV set-top box.
The pricing at Staples matches what Apple already charges for its accessories: Smart Covers start at $39, Thunderbolt Cables at $29, and a Lightning to USB cable is $19.
Staples' website now notes that the company is an official Apple Authorized Reseller. But unlike Best Buy, which has mini Apple Stores that sell all products including Macs, or Target, which sells iPads, iPhones and iPods, Staples does not carry Apple's high-end products.
"At Staples, we stock the Apple accessories you need for your iPad, iPod, iPhone and Mac," the website reads. "Whether you need a replacement charger or peripheral, you can find them here."
On Topic: General
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million
- European Commission OKs Apple's $3B purchase of Beats
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery