Best Buy, MacMall drop prices on iPad and iPad mini, 3rd-gen model starts at $315In a clearance sale initiated on Wednesday, Best Buy has cut third-generation iPad with Retina display pricing by 30 percent with prices starting at $315 for a 16GB model with Wi-Fi, while MacMall is offering savings on the newest full-size iPad and iPad mini.
Best Buy is offering a number of deals, topping out with price drops of $234 for a top-of-the-line 64GB third-generation iPad with cellular connectivity.
With the introduction of the refreshed fourth-generation iPad in October, the previous models saw a slight discount to clear supply channels. Besides the A6X SoC and Lightning connector, the iPad 4 went largely unchanged from the previous version, making the third-gen iPad a great value.
iPad mini and iPad 4 Retina discounts
In addition to the deals from Best Buy, MacMall has also dropped prices on the latest full-size iPad with Lightning connector, as well as select iPad mini models. For example, a 16GB iPad with cellular + Wi-Fi costs $599.99, or $29 less than Apple's own price of $629. The biggest savings can be found with the high end 64GB cellular models, which are going for $39 below list.
As always, AppleInsider readers can find the lowest possible prices on Apple's product offerings, including Macs and iPads, through our price guides (relevant iPad segments inserted below).
On Topic: iPad
- Apple hit with lawsuit targeting AppleCare+ refurbished devices
- Despite 9% growth, Microsoft Surface sales remain stuck at around 1M units
- Razer launches Mechanical Keyboard Case for Apple's 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- New third party iOS 10 App Extensions designed to extend Siri, Maps in tandem
- Dell abandons its remaining Android tablets, 6 months after HP