Monday, June 03, 2013, 07:25 am PT (10:25 am ET)
Apple's official WWDC 2013 iOS app now availableApple on Monday launched its official application for the 2013 Worldwide Developers Conference, including a new video integration feature.
The free application is now available for download from the iOS App Store, and it is designed for both iPhone and iPad. Session videos from this year's WWDC will be available daily for registered developers to stream from the application.
Other features of the software, according to Apple, include the ability to:
- Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events
- Mark schedule items as favorites with a simple double-tap
- Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another
- Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see daily snapshots
- View maps to find your way around Moscone West
- Provide feedback on session content and speakers within the session details view
- Add your attendee information to Passbook for speedier on-site registration
The official WWDC 2013 application launches a week before the annual conference is scheduled to begin in San Francisco, Calif. The event will kick off with a keynote presentation at Moscone West, at which the company has promised to show off the next versions of iOS and OS X.
On Topic: WWDC
- Apple's iOS 7 to give iPhone users easy access to WiFi controls, common actions
- Apple announces iTunes Radio for iOS 7, Mac, PC & Apple TV
- Siri gains new voice & gender options, system controls, enhanced car support in iOS 7
- Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design
- iWork suite coming to iCloud with browser-based document support