Twitter #music update now scans iPhone library for recommendationsThe Twitter #music app for iOS got an update on Friday, one that enables the app personalize music recommendations based on what tunes are already installed on a user's iPhone.
Version 1.2 of Twitter #music saw release on Friday, giving the app the ability to scan a user's iPhone music library to suggest more relevant artists. The app also shows users artists they've Tweeted about, allowing users to keep track of which tunes and acts they've shown interest in in the past.
Additionally, the update adds new ways of exploring and discovering music. Users can now check out artists' top tracks, find similar artists, and check out artists that a favorite artist follows on Twitter.
The update also brings new localizations for a number of different languages. Users in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland will now have native language versions of #music to track their favorite artists.
Friday's update is the app's second in a little over a month. In June, Twitter added genre filtering and Rdio authentication when bringing #music to version 1.1.
Twitter #music version 1.2 is available as a free download in the iTunes App Store. The 19.7MB download requires an iPhone, iPod, or iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.
On Topic: iPhone
- Suspect order assembly sheet purports to confirm 256GB 'iPhone 7' capacity
- Microsoft updates Word Flow iOS keyboard with built-in search tools, 3D Touch & more
- Unlikely photos of "iPhone 6 SE" packaging appear, contain some questionable details
- UK supermarket giant Asda tests support for Apple Pay
- Touch controllers on iPhone 6, 6 Plus failing in specific way for some users