Virgin offering 20% discount on all iPhone models in one day saleIn a move possibly aimed at clearing inventory ahead of an expected next-generation iPhone launch, Virgin Mobile is offering a 20 percent discount on the iPhone 5 for just one day.
Virgin Mobile's 20 percent off promotion is good only for August 27, 2013. Prepaid customers can get a 16GB iPhone 5, regularly priced at $550, for $439. The 32GB model, normally priced at $650, sells for $519, and the typically $750 64GB model sells for $599.
Virgin is also offering the 8GB iPhone 4 for $280 and the 16GB iPhone 4S for $360. Visitors heading to Virgin's site for the promotion will find the devices listed at their normal prices, but the discounted rates will become visible upon adding them to a cart.
The next generation of iPhone will likely be introduced at a media event scheduled for September 10. That event is expected to mark the debut of a new low-cost iPhone model as well, one that may be better targeted at consumers using prepaid carriers such as Virgin.
On Topic: iPhone
- New AT&T policy may restrict Apple Stores from selling iPhone with two-year contract, reports say
- Foxconn to handle bulk of manufacturing for Apple's 'iPhone 6s' & 'iPad Pro' this fall, insider says
- Apple's online store outs Touch ID-equipped iPhone 5c [u]
- Microsoft inadvertently reveals 'Flow by Outlook' chat app for iPhone
- Clothing retailer Express now accepting Apple Pay at all US stores