Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 12:36 pm PT (03:36 pm ET)
Apple showcases 'Designed Together' iPhone 5c & iOS 7 in new adA new television advertisement touting the tight integration of Apple's iPhone 5c and iOS 7 has been posted to the company's official YouTube account.
The spot, which runs fifty-five seconds, highlights the design consistency between the iPhone 5c and iOS 7. Several design elements of the OS and hardware morph and blend into each other, beginning with Siri's new audio waveform user interface and touching on among other things new icons, the iPhone 5c's camera, iOS 7's redesigned Messages interface, the phone's signature colorful polycarbonate shell, and its available Apple-designed silicone cases.
Apple's marketing message for the iPhone 5c has centered around the synergy between hardware and software. In the device's introductory video, Apple Senior Vice President of Design Jony Ive under whom the design of both hardware and software was consolidated after the ouster of former iOS chief Scott Forstall says that Apple believes "the iPhone is an experience, an experience that's defined by hardware and software working harmoniously together."
"We continue to refine that experience, dramatically blurring the boundaries between the two," Ive continues. Craig Federighi, Apple's senior vice president of software engineering, is even more explicit: "iOS 7 is designed to complement the iPhone 5c beautifully," he said in the same video.
Continuing Apple's tradition of selecting up-and-coming artists for their advertisements, the spot is backed by indie-electronic duo Lemaitre's track "1:18." This is the second ad for the new device, following in the footsteps of 'Plastic Perfected' which was shown at Apple's September 10th special event.
On Topic: iPhone
- First iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus teardowns reveal high-capacity batteries, reworked innards
- Citibank sending its customers an introduction to iPhone 6, Apple Pay
- Australian Apple Stores met with long lines as worldwide iPhone 6 and 6 Plus sales begin, Angela Ahrendts on hand [u]
- Photographer takes iPhone 6 and 6 Plus to Iceland, details major enhancements over iPhone 5s
- Apple's iPhone 6 & 6 Plus gain radio certification in China, but release date still uncertain