Rovio's Angry Birds Go! racing game to hit iPhones, iPads on December 11Rovio announced on Tuesday that it will be making yet another addition to its wildly popular line of Angry Birds themed games, this time adding a cart racing game set to launch on iPhones, iPads, and other devices in mid-December.
The new entry in the Angry Birds franchise will see the eponymous birds and their porcine nemeses, the Bad Piggies, taking to go-carts in a game of downhill racing. As with other cart-based racing games, there will be power-ups aplenty and fast-paced action throughout.
The game adds a new dimension to the Angry Birds series, which has until now been solely two-dimensional. Racing in the 3D world of Angry Birds Go! will be a free-to-play experience. Users will have the option of upgrading their racing carts, although Rovio has not detailed whether that too will be free. The game will also be compatible with telepods, the scannable physical toys that debuted with Angry Birds Star Wars last year.
Angry Birds Go! will be released on December 11. The title will be available for iPhones, iPads, and iPods, as well as Android devices.
On Topic: App Store
- AMC launches tvOS app with free streaming for select shows
- Microsoft lets new Word Flow keyboard loose on the App Store with one-handed mode
- Apple Store app's 3D Touch support expanded with Peek and Pop previews
- Apple activates web previews for select Apple TV apps
- Piper Jaffray: Apple saw massive 60% gross margin on services in 2015, to grow in 2017