Friday, November 15, 2013, 03:09 pm PT (06:09 pm ET)
Apple's iTunes Connect to undergo scheduled shutdown on Dec. 21-27Apple on Friday sent out emails to developers, reminding them that the iTunes Connect developer portal will be shutdown for the holidays from Dec. 21 through Dec. 27.
According to the email, developers will not be able to submit apps or in-app purchases, update Newsstand feeds or change app pricing between the quoted dates, reports iMore. Apple traditionally holds the downtime near the end of the year.
From the email:
During that time, iTunes Connect will not be accessible and you will not be able to submit any apps or In-App Purchases. Processing of any Newsstand Atom feeds will be delayed until after December 27. Sales and Trends reports via the Autoingestion tool will be available but may also be delayed.
Also, you should not schedule any pricing changes or apps to go live between those dates. Pricing changes scheduled to take effect in that date range will cause the app to become unavailable for purchase until after December 27. Similarly, apps scheduled to go live during that range will not be released until after December 27.
If you have any additional questions, use the Contact Us module on iTunes Connect.
iTunes Connect is a tool used by developers to manage apps sold through the App Store, including updates, pricing, and descriptions.
Last year, iTunes Connect was scheduled to close from Dec. 21 to Dec. 28.
On Topic: General
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon
- Apple to build 25 new Apple Stores in China in two years
- Apple CEO Tim Cook visits Foxconn iPhone factory on China 'road trip'
- Apple to drop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications on Oct. 29 due to POODLE vulnerability