Developers experiencing issues with Apple iTunes ConnectDevelopers around the world have been experiencing issues with Apple's app submission and management tool iTunes Connect, with many unable to upload or modify their products since Wednesday night.
According to an Apple Developer Forums thread started on Thursday, devs from Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Russia, South Korea, the U.S. and the UK were affected by the apparent downtime.
Forum members complained of slow server response times and upload failures, but the overarching issue was an error message claiming a faulty network connection. AppleInsider reader Gregg experienced the issue first hand, saying he had "a few problems" similar to those described by forum members.
Some users attempted to reset router settings, open ports, restart Xcode and the iTunes Connect Loader to no avail, meaning the problem is on Apple's end. As seen above, however, the Developer System Status page showed green across the board during the ordeal.
While Apple has yet to release an official explanation on the matter, forum handler "DrErnie" said the following in a post on Thursday:
We regret the inconvenience. We believe we have resolved the source of the errors. If you are still having problems, please reply to this thread providing as much details as you can. Thank you.
Still, the problem persists for some developers in various locations and the forum posts continue. Most recently, developers are reporting sporadic network timeouts and slower than normal upload speeds.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Apple's no-good terrible quarter, a death in Cupertino, 'Apple Watch 2' rumors & more
- Apple redesigns Support website with clean layout, responsive UI
- Schiller schools internet on correct Apple device plurals, but Cook says 'iPad Pros'
- Apple will attempt data extraction on iPhone of teen lost at sea, report says
- Tor Myhren officially starts as Apple's new VP of Marketing Communications