Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 03:15 pm PT (06:15 pm ET)
Apple issues sixth OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaksApple on Wednesday released to developers the latest version of its upcoming OS X maintenance update, asking beta testers to concentrate on graphics drivers, audio, Safari and iTunes contacts and calendar syncing over USB.
According to people familiar with the latest OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 beta, dubbed build 13D38, Apple is again requesting developers focus on main graphics drivers, audio enhancements and Safari, three categories that have been ares of concern since the first 10.9.3 beta.
Build 13D38 comes one week after the last version and contains no known issues. Apple specifically points to Graphics Drivers, Audio, Mail, Safari and iTunes contacts and calendar synchronization as areas of interest.
Prior beta releases of OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks incorporated pixel-doubling scaling support, suggesting the update will bring a so-called "Retina" output mode for users connecting their late-2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display to external 4K monitors
Developers can download the build 13D38 from Apple's Developer Portal or via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Shazam launches Mac app with always-on listening mode
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks beta to developers with Safari seeds in tow
- Russian government asks Apple to hand over source code amid spying concerns
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues