Apple fixes hidden '/Users' folder bug introduced in OS X 10.9.3 with iTunes updateApple on Friday released a minor version update to its iTunes content management software for Mac, bringing a fix for the recently discovered bug introduced in OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 that inadvertently hides the "/Users" folder.
Apple's iTunes 11.2.1 carries the same release notes as version iTunes 11.2, which was released on Thursday alongside the latest OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 maintenance update.
Not listed among the modifications, version 11.2.1 contains a fix for a bug discovered in the Mac operating system that hides the system's "/Users" folder at the top level of an affected machine's hard drive.
The issue is easily solved with the routine Terminal command
sudo chflags nohidden /Users, while a less permanent fix can be had by using the following method:
- Open a Finder window and select the "Go" menu, then choose "Go to Folder"
- Once the dialog appears, type "/Users" (without quotes) and click the "Go" button
- Control-click on the "/Users" folder and select "Make Alias"
In either case, the new iTunes 11.2.1 release appears to patch the bug for users experiencing the issue. The latest iTunes version can be downloaded for free via Software Update. No restart is required for the change to occur, suggesting the update automatically modifies the
On Topic: iTunes
- New Adele album to be withheld from Apple Music, Spotify, other streaming services
- Apple's online store services, Maps suffer widespread outage
- Pandora snaps up Rdio technology and employees for $75M
- German government probes Apple's audiobook deal with Amazon
- Adele might skip '25' release on Spotify in favor of Apple Music, other paid services