Apple to live stream 'exciting announcements' from June 2 WWDC 2014 keynoteWhen Apple's annual Worldwide Developer Conference kicks off next Monday, June 2, users from around the world will be able to see what the company announces thanks to a live streaming video of the keynote presentation.
Apple updated its website on Tuesday to reveal that the "exciting announcements" made at WWDC 2014 will be available to watch live, as they happen. Streaming requires Safari 4 or later on OS X 10.6 or later, Safari on iOS 4.2 or later, or QuickTime 7 on Windows. Streaming will also be available via the Apple TV to users with the second- or third-generation model running software 5.0.2 or later.
The event will begin live at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern next Monday. Apple is widely expected to introduce the next-generation versions of its iOS mobile operating system and OS X Mac operating system.
Apple's next major release of iOS 8 is rumored to focus on consolidating health and fitness tracking devices as well as smart home appliances, making them easier to control and use with a compatible iPhone or iPad. And the company is also rumored to be planning a visual refresh for its next major OS X release.
Apple announced that WWDC 2014 would kick off on June 2 in early April. The sold-out conference will be held at Moscone West in San Francisco, Calif.
Events scheduled for WWDC 2014 include:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- more than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app's functionality, performance, quality and design;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world--last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- a new series of get togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.