iPhone 6s leads top consumer tech searches in Google's 2015 'Year in Search'The iPhone 6s was the most searched-for consumer technology item this year in Google's annual Year in Search rankings, published on Wednesday, though Apple did have competition from companies like Samsung and LG.
Two other Apple products, the Apple Watch and the iPad Pro, placed third and fourth on the Consumer Tech list. Second place was achieved by the Samsung Galaxy S6, one of the smartphone industry's flagship Android devices. Two other Samsung phones —the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy J5 —managed sixth and seventh place, respectively.
The LG G4 ranked fifth, while HTC's One M9 took eighth. The Huawei-built Google Nexus 6P claimed ninth, while Microsoft's Surface Pro 4 tablet rounded out the top 10.
Notably, no technology items made Google's top 10 overall searches, which included terms like "Lamar Odom," "Charlie Hebdo," "Fallout 4," and "Ronda Rousey."
Apple products often place high in Google's annual results. Last year, for instance, the iPhone 6 likewise managed first place in Consumer Tech. The company in fact did better this year, since two other products —the Apple Watch and iPad Air —took eighth and tenth place in 2014.
On Topic: Microsoft
- Microsoft Surface sales boom amid tepid iPad demand
- Apple's iPhone leads in JD Power satisfaction survey of US carrier customers
- Microsoft halts sales of Band fitness trackers, says no new model in 2016
- AI initiative counts Google, Microsoft, IBM among its ranks, Apple declines invite
- Apple, others offer support in Microsoft fight to air government data requests