Apple enlists help of Cookie Monster to highlight 'Hey Siri' in new iPhone 6s adApple on Wednesday shared a new iPhone 6s ad starring Sesame Street's Cookie Monster and focusing on "Hey Siri," a new hands-free control function introduced last year.
The minute-long spot posted to YouTube, titled "Timer," finds the famously famished blue Muppet doing what he loves most — baking cookies — with a little help from Apple's always-on Hey Siri feature.
A well-crafted ad, "Timer" starts out with Cookie Monster popping a tray of cookies into the oven, but instead of setting a cooking timer by hand, he invokes the built-in virtual assistant. Presumably because his hands are dirty.
Apple previously highlighted Hey Siri functionality in a commercial that aired in December.
On Topic: iPhone
- Eric Schmidt says he uses an iPhone, but claims to prefer Samsung's Galaxy
- Alleged 'iPhone 7' production plates, schematics show no sign of Smart Connector
- New photo purports to show 'iPhone 7' shell with single, raised rear camera opening
- Rumor: Apple prepping as many as 78 million 'iPhone 7' units for launch
- Surge in OLED equipment orders linked to Apple's upcoming iPhones - report