Apple enlists help of Cookie Monster to highlight 'Hey Siri' in new iPhone 6s adApple on Wednesday shared a new iPhone 6s ad starring Sesame Street's Cookie Monster and focusing on "Hey Siri," a new hands-free control function introduced last year.
The minute-long spot posted to YouTube, titled "Timer," finds the famously famished blue Muppet doing what he loves most — baking cookies — with a little help from Apple's always-on Hey Siri feature.
A well-crafted ad, "Timer" starts out with Cookie Monster popping a tray of cookies into the oven, but instead of setting a cooking timer by hand, he invokes the built-in virtual assistant. Presumably because his hands are dirty.
Apple previously highlighted Hey Siri functionality in a commercial that aired in December.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple rumored to launch 'iPhone 7' on week of Sept. 12
- Pokemon Go sets Apple App Store record for launch downloads, but US growth slowing
- 'Solid' forecast from Apple chipmaker Skyworks may bode well for 'iPhone 7' production
- New video from China compares rose gold finish in alleged 'iPhone 7' to iPhone 6s
- Pokemon Go comes home, launches in Japan with McDonald's sponsorship