Apple enlists help of Cookie Monster to highlight 'Hey Siri' in new iPhone 6s adApple on Wednesday shared a new iPhone 6s ad starring Sesame Street's Cookie Monster and focusing on "Hey Siri," a new hands-free control function introduced last year.
The minute-long spot posted to YouTube, titled "Timer," finds the famously famished blue Muppet doing what he loves most — baking cookies — with a little help from Apple's always-on Hey Siri feature.
A well-crafted ad, "Timer" starts out with Cookie Monster popping a tray of cookies into the oven, but instead of setting a cooking timer by hand, he invokes the built-in virtual assistant. Presumably because his hands are dirty.
Apple previously highlighted Hey Siri functionality in a commercial that aired in December.
On Topic: iPhone
- Hermes Edition Apple Watch launches; iPhone 7, Apple Watch arrive in more countries
- Apple partners with Flipkart for online iPhone 7 sales in India
- Recall of dangerous Samsung Galaxy Note 7 yields a half-million exchanges in US
- Wide iPhone 7 availability expected at Apple retail by Oct. 8, international freight logjam to blame
- Apple's iPhone 7 camera delivers nice slice of enhancements, but iPhone 7 Plus takes the cake