Apple releases finished OS X 10.11.4 with Live Photos, Notes & iBooks improvementsApple on Monday released the completed version of the OS X 10.11.4 update for El Capitan, introducing Live Photos support in Messages and AirDrop, and individually encrypted items in Notes.
The software is available through the Mac App Store, whether as a fresh download or as an update.
In Notes users can now also import Evernote files, and sort items alphabetically, by date created, or by date modified. In iBooks, users can sync PDFs to iCloud, making them readily accessible across devices.
These additions are matched by changes in iOS 9.3, also released today.
The 10.11.4 update otherwise concentrates on bug fixes, for instance dealing with slow RAW file loads in Photos, and t.co links not opening properly in Safari. Other solved glitches cover areas like USB-C adapters, Gmail accounts working with VIP mailboxes, and USB audio devices.
Full release notes can be found below:
• Adds the ability to passcode-protect notes containing personal data in Notes
• Adds the ability to sort notes alphabetically, by date created, or date modified in Notes
• Adds the ability to import Evernote files into Notes
• Adds support for sharing Live Photos between iOS and OS X via AirDrop and Messages
• Addresses an issue that may cause RAW images to open slowly in Photos
• Adds the ability for iBooks to store PDFs in iCloud, making them available across all your devices
• Fixes an issue that prevented loading Twitter t.co links in Safari
• Fixes an issue that prevented the VIPs mailbox from working with Gmail accounts
• Fixes an issue that caused USB audio devices to disconnect
• Improves the compatibility and reliability of Apple USB-C Multiport Adapters
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Pixelmator for Mac gets new Quick and Magnetic selection tools, Retouch extension for Photos
- Apple drops new betas for OS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.3, and tvOS 9.2.2
- Apple might let users unlock Mac via Touch ID on iPhone with OS X 10.12
- Leaked screens show Siri in Apple's upcoming OS X 10.12 with always-on 'Hey Siri'
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5