AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
iTunes customers can choose from a wide range of primetime favorites including "La main blanche," "Les Contes de la Collection Chez Maupassant," "Coeur OcÃ©an," "Spirou et Fantasio," "Lucky Luke" and "Le dessous des cartes," as well as Emmy Award-winning programs "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "Ugly Betty" and "South Park."
"iTunes is the number one digital music store in France and weâre off to a great start with TV shows," said Eddy Cue, Appleâs vice president of iTunes. "Weâre thrilled to launch with over 25 programs and 450 episodes available on the iTunes Store in France."
Television shows purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store can be viewed on a Mac or PC, iPod nano with video, iPod classic, iPod touch, fifth generation iPod, iPhone or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV. Television shows are priced at â¬1.49, â¬1.99 and â¬2.49 per episode.
Television programming on the iTunes Store in France includes favorites such as:
- TF1âs VOD subsidiary TF1 Visionâs top shows: crime drama "La main blanche" and "Paris EnquÃªtes Criminelles" as well as selections from cult French comedy performer Coluche;
- France TÃ©lÃ©visionsâ drama "Les Contes de la Collection Chez Maupassant" and family soap "Coeur OcÃ©an;"
- Arteâs geopolitical series "Le dessous des cartes;"
- Tintin TVâs long-running animation "Tintin;"
- Dupuis TVâs kids animation "Spirou et Fantasio;"
- Dargaud TVâs kids animation "Les Nouvelles aventures de Lucky Luke;"
- Disney-ABC dramas "Lost" (seasons two-three), "Desperate Housewives" (seasons one-two) and "Ugly Betty" (season one); and
- MTV Networks hits including Comedy Centralâs "South Park," Nickelodeonâs "SpongeBob SquarePants" and MTVâs "Made" and "Pimp My Ride."
Apple added that programming from the Disney Channel will be coming soon.