Apple on Tuesday updated the roster of U.S. banks supporting Apple Pay with 26 new entries, such as Moody National Bank, one of the biggest headquartered in Texas with branches in Houston, Galveston, and Austin.
The other additions are likewise regional or segmented, sometimes limited to a single state or city. Most national institutions have been onboard since early 2015, and several were quick to join when Apple Pay launched in the fall of 2014.
Since then the mobile payment platform has come to Australia, Canada, the U.K., and Singapore. Only the U.S. and the U.K. have any widespread card support, however. Earlier today in fact U.K. Apple Pay users gained access to Boon, a prepaid option from Wirecard.
The full list of new U.S. banks includes:
- Arsenal Credit Union
- Bank Midwest
- Bank of Canton
- Bank SNB
- Bankers' Bank
- Bremer Bank N.A.
- Bruning State Bank
- Citizens Bank of Cumberland County
- Fairfield County Bank
- Family Horizons Credit Union
- Firefighters First Credit Union
- First National Bank Arcadia
- First National Bank in Staunton
- Fort Sill Federal Credit Union
- HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union
- IAA Credit Union
- Moody National Bank
- North East Texas Credit Union
- Northbrook Bank & Trust Company
- Northern United Federal Credit Union
- Peoples State Bank of Munising
- Redwood Capital Bank
- Rogue Credit Union
- Sierra Central Credit Union
- TriStar Bank
- Vermilion Bank