AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
Six different Apple TV+ originals have earned the Apple streaming platform a total of nine award nominations in the 27th Annual Critics Choice TV Awards.
"For All Mankind" was nominated for best drama series, while "Ted Lasso" scored a nomination for Best Comedy. Several cast members for Apple TV+ originals also nabbed nominations, including Kristen Chenoweth of "Schmigadoon!" and Billy Crudup of "The Morning Show."
The winners of the Critics Choice TV Awards will be announced on Sunday, Jan. 9 at the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Best Drama Series - "For All Mankind"
- Best Comedy Series - "Ted Lasso"
- Best Foreign Language Series - "Acapulco
- Best Movie Made for Television - "Come From Away"
- Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Billy Crudup in "The Morning Show"
- Best Actor in a Comedy Series - Jason Sudeikis in "Ted Lasso"
- Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - Hannah Waddingham in "Ted Lasso"
- Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - Kristen Chenoweth in "Schmigadoon!"
- Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Brett Goldstein in "Ted Lasso"
This isn't the first time that Apple shows have been honored at the Critics Choice awards ceremony. "Ted Lasso," for example, won three awards across categories like Best Comedy Series, Outstanding Lead Actor for Jason Sudeikis, and Best Supporting Actress for Hannah Waddingham.
Apple unscripted content has also seen Critics Choice awards. "Bestie Boys Story" nabbed an award for Best Music Documentary, while "Boys State" won in the Best Political Documentary category.
Since its debut in 2019, Apple TV+ has been racking up the awards and nominations. The Cupertino tech giant's streaming platform has earned more than 623 award nominations and 170 wins from the Academy Awards, Emmys, SAG Awards, and more.