Apple's M1 MacBook Air drops to $799, marking return of Amazon Prime Early Access pricing
AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
The $200 price drop on Apple's standard MacBook Air with M1 is available to all Amazon shoppers in the U.S., whereas the previous $799 price required a Prime membership.
Providing a budget-friendly entry point into the Mac ecosystem, the standard MacBook Air features Apple's M1 chip with a 7-core GPU, along with 8GB of memory and a 256GB SSD. And with Amazon's $200 cash discount, which is valid in your choice of Silver, Space Gray or Gold, the ultraportable laptop is even more attractive for students or as a holiday gift.
According to our M1 MacBook Air Price Guide, the $799 price, which was previously reserved for Amazon Prime members only, is the cheapest available, with units in stock and ready to ship.
In addition to the MacBook Air deals, Amazon is hosting a wide assortment of Apple specials, from $239 AirPods Pro 2 to the 32GB Apple TV 4K for $109.99. You can also find exclusive discounts on M2 Air models in our MacBook Air M2 Price Guide.
Also available at Amazon
- Apple AirPods with Lightning Charging Case: $89.99 ($40 off)
- Apple AirPods Pro 2: $239 ($10 off)
- iPad 9th Gen (64GB, Wi-Fi): $269 ($60 off)
- iPad Air 5 (64GB, Wi-Fi): $519 ($80 off)
- 14" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16GB, 1TB) Silver: $2,199 ($300 off)
- 16" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 16-core GPU, 16GB, 512GB): $2,199 ($300 off)
- 16" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 16-core GPU, 16GB, 1TB): $2,399 ($300 off)
Plenty of additional tech bargains
AppleInsider and Apple Authorized Resellers are also running specials on Mac and iPad hardware that will not only deliver the lowest prices on many of the items, but also throw in bonus savings on accessories, software and more. Here are just a few of the deals going on this week: