We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
First look at Apple's revamped SoHo retail storeIt may have been just a reopening, but the throngs of people who visited Apple's SoHo store in New York on Saturday treated it like a brand new retail location.
AppleInsider reader Ryan was on-hand at Saturday's event in New York's SoHo neighborhood, and provided pictures and video seen below. The Apple Store at 103 Prince St. has been completely redesigned, and utilizes a 5,000-square-foot space that was formerly occupied by the U.S. Postal Service.
Apple's redesigned SoHo store now has more space for customers and employees, bringing it in line with Apple's other large, flagship stores found throughout New York City.
One major feature of the new store is a state-of-the-art theater with extra seating that will be used for events and workshops. The SoHo store also has New York's first Apple "Briefing Room," which will be used by the store's "Business Team."
The SoHo store also has a larger Genius Bar than before, making it easier for customers to get an appointment and receive help with their Apple products.
The first 3,000 customers who visited the new Apple Store's grand reopening on Saturday took home a free commemorative t-shirt. Customers lined up well ahead of time to be among the first to enter the store at 10 a.m.
While its popular SoHo store underwent major renovations, Apple went as far as building a temporary $1.4 million location in 2011 to service customers. The temporary location was housed in the same neighborhood on New York City's Greene Street.
On Topic: General
- Spotify reportedly engaging SoundCloud in advanced buyout negotiations
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple