Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 04:01 pm PT (07:01 pm ET)
Apple posts highly-detailed drawings of iPad mini, 4th-gen iPad to websiteComing on the heels of an avalanche of product announcements, Apple on Wednesday posted detailed dimensional drawings of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad to its developer website to assist third-party case makers in developing new products.
First discovered by intrepid AppleInsider reader "Magnus Hanso," Apple has posted detailed schematics for its new range of iPad products to its developer website, just as it did for the iPhone 5 in September.
While the drawings don't offer much in the way of new information, it does give the closest look yet at the as-yet-unreleased tablets.
Apple announced the 7.9-inch iPad mini and revised 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display and redesigned iMac.
Preorders for the new iPads start on Oct. 26, with shipments of Wi-Fi only models expected to arrive on Nov. 2, followed by "Wi-Fi + Cellular" versions in mid-November.
On Topic: General
- US carriers agree to standard set of rules for unlocking phones, tablets
- Apple's own medical experts say death at Pegatron not related to working conditions
- Apple looks to curb Web browser UI spoofing using real-time camera images
- Apple scores court win in South Korea as judge tosses Samsung patent suit
- Apple's 'Hour of Code' workshops take kids hands-on with coding