Apple begins shipping LTE-capable iPad mini modelsCustomers on Tuesday began receiving word from Apple's online store that their orders for the new iPad mini with LTE connectivity have begun shipping.
Multiple readers indicated to AppleInsider Tuesday morning that they began receiving shipment notifications for their iPad mini with cellular data. The orders are scheduled to arrive this Friday, Nov. 16.
Customers have begun receiving word that both the black and slate as well as the white and silver colors of the iPad mini are on their way.
Apple began informing customers last week that their iPad mini with LTE would ship within five business days. iPad mini models with mobile data were first advertised to begin shipping in "a few weeks," but a specific launch date was not given.
The Wi-Fi-only iPad mini launched earlier this month in 34 countries alongside the new fourth-generation iPad. Together, the devices sold more than 3 million units over the launch weekend.
Apple's online store quickly sold out of all models of the iPad mini when they first went on sale. The company's most popular model over the launch weekend was the 16-gigabyte white and silver model.
In addition to direct sales through Apple, the new iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad are also available through AppleInsider sponsor MacMall by calling 888-338-6102 or visiting their website.
On Topic: Apple Store
- Microsoft's retail store chain flounders in stark contrast to busy Apple Stores
- Apple's new San Francisco, Union Square store tops out its steel skeleton
- Apple says iPhone 6s units will be available for walk-in purchases at stores this Friday
- Apple Watch to debut in Ireland, Austria & Denmark Sept. 25
- Apple's newly renovated campus store to sell iPhone and Apple Watch, now open Saturdays