Apple begins shipping LTE-capable iPad mini modelsCustomers on Tuesday began receiving word from Apple's online store that their orders for the new iPad mini with LTE connectivity have begun shipping.
Multiple readers indicated to AppleInsider Tuesday morning that they began receiving shipment notifications for their iPad mini with cellular data. The orders are scheduled to arrive this Friday, Nov. 16.
Customers have begun receiving word that both the black and slate as well as the white and silver colors of the iPad mini are on their way.
Apple began informing customers last week that their iPad mini with LTE would ship within five business days. iPad mini models with mobile data were first advertised to begin shipping in "a few weeks," but a specific launch date was not given.
The Wi-Fi-only iPad mini launched earlier this month in 34 countries alongside the new fourth-generation iPad. Together, the devices sold more than 3 million units over the launch weekend.
Apple's online store quickly sold out of all models of the iPad mini when they first went on sale. The company's most popular model over the launch weekend was the 16-gigabyte white and silver model.
In addition to direct sales through Apple, the new iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad are also available through AppleInsider sponsor MacMall by calling 888-338-6102 or visiting their website.
On Topic: Apple Store
- Overwhelming iPhone 6 & 6 Plus demand continues to result in tighter supply for Apple than 2013
- Online Apple Store now accepts PayPal payments in US and UK
- Bose products return to Online Apple Store in time for holiday shopping
- Apple Store to restart Bose product sales after abrupt removal, report says
- Protestors take over Fifth Ave Apple Store in 'die-in' demonstration