Apple doubles Tiffany's in retail sales per square footApple is once again by far the most valuable retailer based on sales per square foot, more than doubling the sales of Tiffany & Co.
Apple's retail stores earn $6,050 per square foot, according to the latest data from RetailSails. In comparison, Tiffany & Co. is the second most profitable American retailer per square foot, earning $3,017.
Beyond Apple and Tiffany's, no retailer managed to top $2,000 per square foot, as the No. 3 chain lulu lemon athletic earned $1,936.
Apple also cracked the top 10 retailers with the highest overall sales per store. Apple came in at No. 9, behind wholesale retailers like Costco and Sam's Club, as well as Neiman Marcus and Walmart.
The data from RetailSales comes from an analysis of more than 200 American retailers spanning 15 sectors. Together, they operate more than 200,000 stores and generate more than $1.6 trillion in sales.
Apple has consistently been the top earner among U.S. retailers in sales per square foot. Data released earlier this year showed that Apple Stores earn 17 times more than the national average.
On Topic: General
- Apple reportedly mulling Tidal acquisition for access to exclusive content
- Apple CEO Tim Cook named lead independent director at Nike
- Sling TV splits into 'Orange' and 'Blue' tiers, adds NBC, BBC America & other channels
- NYC Apple reseller and community staple Tekserve to close Manhattan store
- Nancy Pelosi expresses disappointment over Tim Cook's GOP fundraiser