Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 02:06 pm PT (05:06 pm ET)
Apple issues ninth OS X 10.8.3 beta build to developersApple seeded OS X 10.8.3 build 12D61 to developers on Wednesday, marking the second beta the company rolled out in less than a week.
The new build comes just five days after Apple seeded build 12D58 to developers with no known issues.
According to the release notes that came with the most current update, there were no major changes made since the last beta. As with the past few builds, Apple is asking developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
There has been no announcement as to when the forthcoming maintenance update will be ready for public consumption, but the rapid fire seeds may suggest the imminent rollout of a finalized golden master.
In December, Apple introduced the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" which allows developers to receive and update beta builds through Software Update in much the same way as consumers.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple releases Safari 7.1 and 6.2, OS X Server 3.2 betas to developers
- Apple updates pro-level video suite with fixes for Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion
- Mailbox for Mac hits public beta, adds synced drafts and 'snooze to desktop' feature