Apple issues ninth OS X 10.8.3 beta build to developersApple seeded OS X 10.8.3 build 12D61 to developers on Wednesday, marking the second beta the company rolled out in less than a week.
The new build comes just five days after Apple seeded build 12D58 to developers with no known issues.
According to the release notes that came with the most current update, there were no major changes made since the last beta. As with the past few builds, Apple is asking developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
There has been no announcement as to when the forthcoming maintenance update will be ready for public consumption, but the rapid fire seeds may suggest the imminent rollout of a finalized golden master.
In December, Apple introduced the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" which allows developers to receive and update beta builds through Software Update in much the same way as consumers.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases Logic Pro X 10.2, MainStage 3.2 updates with Alchemy synthesizer
- VMware launches Fusion 8 with Windows 10 & OS X El Capitan support
- Apple issues sixth Xcode 7 beta to developers with minor bug fixes
- Future Chrome for Mac update may solve problems with memory, performance
- Apple issues 7th OS X 10.11 El Capitan beta to developers, 5th public beta to testers